*All Aerial Classes need to be pre-registered for early. There are only 12 spaces available in each class and classes fill up quickly!
*Once you sign up for Aerial Yoga, we have a 24hr cancelation policy or you will be charged for that class. Since we have limited swings this is to ensure the instructor knows how many swings to set up before class and so everyone that wants to sign up can get a chance. Thanks for your understanding.
Cleo received her Aerial Yoga Teacher Certification from Good Karma Yoga Studio. She loves the freedom of practicing yoga in the hammock and finds it brings joy, peace, happiness, and a sense of support to herself and students. The hammock allows the practitioner to deepen their stretch in yoga, while letting their spirit soar. The experience is un-parallel to any other she has found in yoga. The blend of yoga and the hammock enables people to find a sense of limitlessness, inner freedom, and play. She is so happy to be able to share this practice at Rainbow. Read more of Cleo's Bio Here
Felipa Gaudet RYT 200
Felipa began practicing yoga six years ago after the birth of her youngest daughter, seeking a way to strengthen and reconnect with her physical self while carving a place from her busy day to cultivate inner peace. Her desire to land the elusive ‘handstand in the middle of the room’ fueled her dedicated, ongoing practice for many years while teaching her to detach from desired results. Felipa completed a 200-hour YTT at The Yoga House in Kingston, NY, where she enjoyed connecting with kindred spirits, with whom she could happily ‘geek-out’ on anatomy and ancient yogic texts. Always looking to deepen her understanding through learning opportunities, Felipa completed a Yin Yoga training with Bobbie Marchand, a 12 hour exploration of the Yoga Sutras with Edwin Bryant, as well as other workshops related to various aspects of teaching yoga. Falling in love with aerial yoga from her first class, Felipa immediately knew that she wanted to share this form of yoga with others. She completed both a 50 hour Aerial Yoga Teacher Training and a 16 hour Advanced Aerial Yoga Teacher Training at OM Factory in NYC. She is excited to guide others on their aerial yoga journey!
Felipa typically teaches in an invigorating and fluid style, while encouraging folks to honor their bodies and discover the possibilities within each pose in the way that feels right for them. A Montessori teacher in her other life, Felipa believes yoga can be accessible to all and she offers multiple levels of challenge and modifications within various options for poses. In her classes, she enjoys exploring the relationships between poses while steadily building to a fun challenge. Felipa loves designing classes to meet peoples’ needs and she finds great joy in watching people transform and grow within their yoga practice.
Felipa is excited to become a part of the Rainbow Body Yoga community! You can find her hanging out on her aerial yoga rig in her front yard in Kingston or on Instagram or Facebook at @felipagaudetyoga.
Michele received her Aerial Yoga Teacher Training from Good Karma Studio in Albany, NY. She received her 200hr Family Yoga training through Radiant Child Yoga and is certified to teach infants through senior citizens. She is also a certified K-12 special education teacher with nearly 20 years of experience working with children with special needs and their families. She first began teaching yoga in her own classroom and quickly realized how beneficial it was for helping children to calm down and focus. She is qualified to teach the school community how to implement yoga in the classroom setting, and leads in-services for school teaching staff.
Jacqueline Carcamaro, RYT 200
Jacqueline received her Aerial Yoga Teacher Training at Rainbow Body Yoga and received her 200hr teaching certification from Rainbow Body Yoga. As a registered dental hygienist educating her patients on oral health, to educating her yoga students on postures and yogic philosophy, she thrives from teaching others. Jackie enjoys yoga for it’s healing benefits for the mind, body and soul. She struggles with chronic work-related musculoskeletal pain and has used yoga as effective alternative medicine to protect her career longevity. She hopes to create a yoga class specific for work-related musculoskeletal disorders in the future. She shapes her yoga classes around detailed target areas of the body and uses proper alignment instructions throughout to ensure safe and powerful yoga postures. Ending with deep relaxation techniques and spiritual readings, you will leave Jackie’s class feeling open and revitalized.
Jennifer received her Aerial Yoga Teacher certification from Rainbow Body Yoga. She is currently in the process of receiving her 200hr Yoga Teacher Training from Rainbow Body Yoga to graduate in December 2018. Jennifer's gentle spirit, warmth, and kindness make her an excellent guide toward beginner your Aerial Yoga journey. Jennifer is a teacher's assistant in Red Hook, NY where she works with children. She has taught mindfulness and yoga practices in after school programs.
The Benefits of Aerial Yoga Hammocks:
- Total body workout: Due to the nature of aerial yoga movements, almost all the body parts are forced to move and stretch. Muscles are toned and redefined, and joints are regenerated and strengthened due to these movements.
- Psychologically beneficial: Just like almost any other workout, aerial yoga helps rebuild your emotional system because it clears the mind and relieves stress due to its meditative state. It also helps you combat stress throughout the day and increases your creativity, which leads you to develop your own artistic skills.
- Improves flexibility: Aerial yoga helps you to move more freely, with less effort, by counteracting gravity. Suspension in the air releases tension on the bones and muscles, increasing flexibility and deepening your practice. Suspended yoga strengthens core muscles and increases spinal and shoulder flexibility.
- Heals back problems: It gives you the chance to hang freely, allowing your spine to lengthen. With less strain on your back while doing the exercises, it eases tension in the spinal cord and hip joint, helping you feel better.
- Increases strength: Aerial yoga improves strength and flexibility, which carries over into other daily activities. The core workout is a beneficial cross-training, as it helps runners increase stamina and be able recover faster.
- Puts you in a great mood: Another key benefit of doing aerial yoga is that it gets your adrenaline going while going against gravity. It also releases “happy” hormones like serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine, which boost your mood and help you feel more energetic. Improves balance: While going against gravity can be exciting, aerial yoga also helps with balance and stability in daily activities. Balance is a key component in daily activities, and aerial yoga helps maintain a good balance both inside and out. Aids digestion: The different types of stretches and movements help improve the digestive system, thus helping in healing various digestion-related issues, including constipation and indigestion.
- Old age and heart disease: Aerial yoga improves the circulation of blood, thus combating aging and its symptoms. Aerial yoga also helps detoxify the circulatory and lymphatic systems, which lowers the onset of various cardiovascular issues.
- Improves memory: Aerial yoga fortifies your neural connections, thereby, rendering better memory power. In a way, practicing aerial yoga can make you smarter!
Rainbow Body Yoga 35 W Market St Suite 2A Red Hook, NY 12571 When Possible Please Park in the Private Parking Lot in Back of the Building (turn onto St. John's St.)